Top 10 Tuesday: All about Books I really should have read by now

This week is a "Freebie" -meaning that i can pick what i want to talk about over- at brokeandbookish.com.



I am normally not a person that believes that everyone has to do the same thing in anything at all. I actually prefer not doing everything the same way as others do it. 

That also goes for books -sometimes sadly sometimes that is a good thing. For example most books that others love i just enjoy. Or books that people hate i really enjoy. So there is that. 

Still there are some books that i think that i should have read already. Either because they are classics. Or because they just always talked about. Or they are favorites. Or new releases that i really want to read and just haven't yet.

I also have some authors that i really want to read something by, but i have no idea where to start with them, since they have a lot of books out or just a lot of books that are popular. Or something got that nature. 



So this week i will talk about the books that i can't believe i have not read yet. Lets just start!



1. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Okay this first one is not one that i hear a lot about. Or read a lot about.
For one it is a classic. And people seem to love it. And say that it is a "Must-read" and it is on a lot of book lists for books that should be read. 
And i own this book.
I have it sitting on my shelves for years now and have not yet gotten to it. And i can't understand why. So here is my own reminder that i really should get to that book already!



2.  Wuthering Height by Emily Bronte
I am actually started reading this two weeks ago. Put it aside and have not picked it up again. 
I have no idea what is wrong with me. 
I do hope that i get back to this because i did enjoy it enough to want to read this book. 



3. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Okay so i don't hear a ton about this book. But every now and again i hear about it. And how much people should read it and how great it is. And that it is a "must-read" (yes, yet again!).

Anyway... sometime i hear about this book and think: Right i wanted to read that.
Put it on my to buy list.

And forget about it again, it wanders down on my list over time, because other books are clearly more important for one reason or another. Until i hear about it again.
And then i feel bad that i have not yet read it. And the circle starts all over again.



4. The Shining by Stephen King

I have not yet read this book. Yes, i know. Shocker. (not really, actually. King has a huge amount of books that i have not read yet, a lot of them "classics" that most people have read if they enjoy his writing)

I just never gotten around to it. I will hopefully soon, because it is kind of hard to say i love King and have not yet read that book that most people know is by him. Oh well, sometime in the future.



5. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

I bought this book right after it came out. Was so excited to read it. It is actually a really small book.
And have not yet read it yet. 
You know since i own it and have not read it yet... i really should finally get to this! 



6. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

This is a new release of this year and boy this book got hype.
I actually bought it last month so i should just read it.
And i want to.
But i haven't yet. Which is why it is on this list.



7. Final Empire by Brandan Sanderson (or any book by him really)
Yes, i still have not read this book yet.
What can i say? I have a hard time picking up big fantasy books that others love.
Its not because of the thickness of the book. I actually -most of the time at least- enjoy big books and get to them much faster then through smaller ones for some reason. 

But this one... 

I have hard time getting motivated to continue on with A Song of Ice and Fire series, so starting another big series of epic fantasy? 

Kind of hard to get motivated. Still i can't believe i haven't read that one yet, especially since os many people rave about it and are constantly recommending it left and right. And i can't even get a week without hearing about it. So i really should finally get to it.



8. Anything by Haruki Murakami

I wanted to read something by him, but i have actually no idea where to start or what to read first. I hear a lot of stuff about "Kafka on the Shore" but i have no idea if i want to start with that. Or something else. 

If you read something by Murakami and know which book i should start with? Please let me know in the comments. 



9. Anything by Zadie Smith


Another author that i hear ton of fantastic stuff about. I have not yet read anything from. 
I hear equally great things about "White Teeth" and "On Beauty". I have no idea which one i should read first. Or if i should read something completely different by Smith first. So once again, let me know if you have a favorite and let me know :)



10. Anything by Margaret Atwood

I know... I know... 
But yet again, i have no idea where to start with this author. 
She is so popular. And has so many books that people love. 
And so many books that people want other to read. 
But where to start? Which book should i read first? 
I have no idea. So she lands further and further down on my "to-read" list. 




What about you guys? Which books have you not read yet and are a bit ashamed of saying that you have not read yet? Any authors?

Any recommendations for me?

Let me know.... 

Write more later.... 

Comments

  1. I have NEVER been able to get through a SINGLE Dickens book! I just CAN'T. :) The Handmaid's Tale is on my TBR. Hopefully sometime in the next month or so. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear that i am not the only one that has problems with really getting into Dickens! I always hear how people love his writings, and i started one other book by him and read it but never really enjoyed it. So i am so, so happy to hear that i am not the only one. Still i want to give him another try :)
      Also good to know what i am not the only one that has not yet read one of those Atwood books :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  2. I have tried many times to read "Wuthering Heights" and have concluded it's just not never gonna happen lol My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i heard that about Wuthering Heights. But only after i bought it. And now that i own it i should at least give it a good try ;)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  3. I think I got a quarter of the way through Great Expectations...it's a very lengthy novel though the themes in it are fantastic to analyze. Wuthering Heights has been on my "next classic TBR" list forever and one day I will get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear about another person that has not yet read those two books completely :)
      Classics are sometimes a bit intimidating to get started with, so i can understand that Wuthering Heights has been on your TBR and not yet made it into your hands ;)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  4. I have Red Queen, have had it since July, but haven't got around to reading it yet! I should get around to it soon. I want to read The Girl On The Train as well.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/15/top-ten-tuesday-22/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone else that is "behind" on the new Releases! So very happy to hear it ;)
      I really hope i will get to those two still this month. But i have no idea if that is really realistically possible. I will see what i get too. But i do hope that you will get to the books soon if you want to read them soon :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: 2016 Reading Goals

Books by or about inspiriting Real Women

Top 10 Tuesday: Books i HAVE to read in Spring