Top 10 Tuesday: My Fall TBR

Another Tuesday, another Top 10 Tuesday post, featuring the meme created by the girls over at brokeandbookish.com



I did kind of cheat a little bit this week, because i included 4 series with more then one book, so technically this is not a 10 book list. But really who cares, right? It is a list of the books i want to read this fall, so this is it :)


Oh and i purposefully did not include New Releases, because i want to read the books I have. 


1. Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson 
This book was on my Summer TBR. And since it is on this one, i think we all know what happened to that plan. So next try. 



2. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon 

I recently got this book and i want to read it. I also really excited to read a book about Clairvoyants. 
And why not start a new big series that i have no idea how many books this series is going to have. But the series is just starting out. And i want to read it. So i should start it. 


3. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton

I have this book sitting on my shelves for a year now. And i have not yet read it. And i want to read it. 
I am actually really excited to read it, because Historical Crime? That sounds fantastic. And i normally have nothing against slower books and i heard this is apparently one of those. But that is fine. So i want to finally get to this book. On this list it went. 


4. All the light we cannot see by Anthony Doerr

And yet another book i have owned for a while and just have not gotten to yet. 
But i really want to read this book. For one because the cover? A piece of art. And the story is supposed to be fantastic. And since i am apparently in a World War II Historical Fiction reading mood since i have read 2 book from different parts of Europe from that time, why not get this one read as well while i am apparently in the mood for the topic?



5. The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan 

Yet again a book i own. I bought this last December and wanted to read it right away. And now i have it on my shelves still on read. So here it is on this list as a reminder that i should finally get around to reading it!


6. The Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

I started this book back in May. I read the first part of it -the first 122 pages- put it down and have not yet picked it up again. 
I am not completely sure why. It isn't a bad book. 
I didn't really connect with the characters in a "i have to read it right now and see what happens to them" kind of way, but i didn't have anything against the way the story was until that point. 
Honestly, i have no idea what the heck happened and why i put it down and never picked up. But i do want to finish this book, so yes you guessed it... on this list it went. 



7. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
(Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, Queen of Shadows)

I read Throne of Glass a few weeks ago (a review of what i thought about it is here, if you guys are interested) and own the three other books. And since i kind of fly through Maas' writing, i hope to really get to all three of those books soon. 



8. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
(Cinder, Scarlet, Cress)




This is a series i hear a lot about. And i have not yet found a re-telling of fairytales that i actually like, I always hope that i will find a re-telling where i actually enjoy the stories. So why not try this one that so many people rave about?

And my library actually has it! Which is a rarity -i mean that they don't have any other newer series, let alone all the books that are out yet. I mean they don't have the novella bind up. But that is fine. If i really love this series i can always buy all the books in one swoop and get the novella book as well. And since the next book is coming out in November, i thought that it is a good time to start this series sometime soon. 


9. Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo 
(Shadow and Bone, Siege and Storm, Ruin and Rising)


I really want to read Six of Crows and while i know that that book series/trilogy/duology (?) does not need the Grisha Trilogy as a background, i do prefer reading series as they came out if they are build in the same world. And this trilogy does sound really interesting and the covers a beautiful! 
Oh and i own them, since i bought them to read before Six of Crows comes out. I don't think i get to them before the book comes out at the end of September. But i hope to get to this series in October and maybe get the new release after that. Or something. I have no idea where my book buying will take me. 


10. Wolves of Mysticfalls (?) or Shiver trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater
(Shiver, Linger, Forever)


I wanted to read this series two years ago. Still haven't gotten to it. 
But since the first book takes place in Fall/Winter it fits. And i want to finally read this, so you know... i put it on this list!

By the way, if someone can explain to me how this fourth book -Sinner - that apparently has something to do with this series but is not actually a book that makes this trilogy a series, let me know. Because i have no idea if that book is necessary for the series to be complete. If the book has not much to do with the series or if it s a companion book. Or what ever. Let me know. 


Alright this is it for this Tuesday. 

Let me know which book you guys are most excited for to read this fall. 
Or if you made a list, leave a link below and i will check that out :)



Write more later.... 

Comments

  1. "The Bone Season" was decent, but the second book in the series, "The Mime Order" (which came out earlier this year) was phenomenal -- one of my favorite reads of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic to her that someone enjoys the series. And i really hope i get to it soon and can mov eon to Mime Order :)

      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy the rest of the Throne of Glass series, I just have Queen of Shadows yet to read.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/top-ten-tuesday-23/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think i will enjoy it if it really gets better as everyone says. The first one is definitely a pretty good start. I wish you happy reading when you pick up Queen of Shadows :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Good to know that i am not the only one having problems with that series :)
      Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: 2016 Reading Goals

Books by or about inspiriting Real Women

Top 10 Tuesday: Books i HAVE to read in Spring