October TBR pile

I know that many people read Spooky or mysterious or thrilling book in October. 
And while i do have a few crime/thriller/mystery books in here. And even some that might count as "spooky" i did not have that in mind while putting together this list, but rather the books that i should be reading because I want to / have to read them to review them. Or i just want to read them. 

So now theme TBR list for this month, maybe i will do one of those in the future, who knows?

But for now, lets just get on with the TBR pile, since it is once again a little ambitious. 

I have a few very big books on here. Some that aren't as big, and some smaller ones. So a good mixture, hopefully. 
But i wanted to actually be able to say that i actually read a complete list that i made on here. Here is to another try, maybe, hopefully more realistic. 

This time lets start with the Library books: 

1. To all the boys i Loved before by Jenny Han

I heard so many (SO MANY) things about this book, and how you have to read this because it is such a fantastic contemporary. 
And color me surprised because my Library actually had this book so i took it home. And now i want to read this. 


2. Since you've been gone by Morgan Matson

Similar to the first book, i heard a lot about this book and since my library had it, i wanted to give it a try. 


3. and 4. Scarlet and Cress by Marissa Meyer

I read Cinder last month and now i want to continue on with the series and finish it up until Winter comes out in November. 


5. Bittersweet by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore 

This is a book that i forgot what it is about. But i have it on my TBR pile since it came out. And my library had it so now i my chance to read it. 


6. Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
Another book i had my TBR list for years! I look for this book in my library and had to wait forever for it -since i wanted it since i first renewed my library card!- and it finally came so i want to read it before I have to give it back and wait months before i get the next chance. 


7. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

This is a book that is apparently a constant on my TBR lists. I have not yet gotten to this. I still want to. So i hope i get to it this month. 


8. The hundred year old man who climbed out the window and disappeared by Jonas Jonasson

I heard lots of things about this book. I can't remember anymore if it was good or not. But it looked cute and well it is a library book so even if i don't love it, that is okay. And it is not too huge... 



Then i have 4 Man Booker Prize Books that i wanted to read before they became Man Booker Prize books. 
And hope to get to them before October 13th so that i can at least say if one of them wins -or the three that are in the short list- if i agree or not. Or if one of them deserves it in my potion. And as i said i just want to read them anyway, so why not use a good reason such as this as a motivational tool?

9. Satin Island by Tom McCarthy

This is a NetGalley book i got at the end of September. So i want to read this. And see what the fuzz is all about. 


10. A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler

Yet another NetGalley book i want to get too, since i also got this at the end of September. 


11. Did you ever have a family by Bill Clegg

And, yes you might have guessed it, another NetGalley book i got and want to read through in October because, yes, once again got this at the end of September and i try to get the books that i get read as soon as can so that they don't pile up. 


12. A little Life by Hanya Yanagihara

This is the one that i heard about before the hype and really wanted to read. And so i bought a copy and since i own the book and really want to read it and hear fantastic things about it and like the idea of a story about a chronicle ill person, simply because, well i am one as well so i want to see how realistic this is. So yeah. Enough reasons to add this book. 


And then i just have a few other books i hope to get to this month. And by few i mean 12 more books. 


13. Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith

Yes, this book. Once again on a list of to-be-read books. I have not yet gotten to it. But i really want to. So yeah... this month will be the month. I hope. 


14. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

I hear great things about this trilogy, and i really want to read "Six of Crows" because that book is about thieves. I love those. But since "six of Crows" is set in the same world i want to read the trilogy first to get a feel for it, even though i know i don't have to read those three books before reading the new release -that by the way came out at the end of September.


15. Cut both ways by Carrie Mesrobian

This is new. On my shelves as well as newly released in September 2015. And it is one of my most anticipated releases. So i should read it. i talked a few times about this book the last time on a waiting on Wednesday post, so check that one out to see my reasons for wanting to read it. 


16. Goldfinch by Donna Tartt

I hear a lot of fantastic things about this book. Once again i own it for a while so why not try this month?


17. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

I have this book since February on my shelves. But since I only got my act together to actually read books this year after May i kind of forgot this book for a while. But it is short and is supposed to be a good crime book. I like those, so on this list it went. 


18. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

I got this last month and i want to read it. Who doesn't want to read a book about a Clairvoyant? I certainly do!


19. You by Caroline Kepnes

I wanted to read this since i got it in August. And haven't gotten to it yet. But i need a good thriller in between something else. And i hope this is a good one. 
I mean a book all about the person committing the crime? Yes, please. 


20. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

I read Throne of Glass last month, review here, and i want to see where this series is going. And i own this book. So i should read it. And apparently the series gets better and better with each book and since I thought the first book was good but not fantastic, i want to get to the next and see if that is true. 


21. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

I want to finally get back into reading more classics since i have not really done that in years. I loved them in my pre-teens and teenage years and read a lot of different ones. 
I also read this one before. But i can't really remember all the details other then that i enjoyed it. So why not re-read and restart my reading of classical literature books. 


22. Yes, please by Amy Poehler

This is supposed to be funny. Who doesn't love a funny book? And it looks like a quick and easy read. So why not?


23. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard 

I bought this book in August -yes another one of those- and haven't gotten to it yet. But i want to. And it is beautiful. And not overly huge. So i want to get to this, finally. 


24. All the Light we cannot see by Anthony Doerr

This is my Buddy-read this month. And we already started and are about half-way through. So i at least know that i will get this one read this month :)



I do have more books, but i don't want to make a too huge pile here and then not get anywhere near the number once again. So i kept it a bit more realist. And still have a challenge since I am not really near 24 books with my 13 books i read last month. 


I also am not sure yet which NetGalley books -other then those i have on this list already- i want to read. Or get in the mood for. I have a few that come out this month. And i do hope i get to them. But most of them come out on the 6th and i always feel a little stressed if i have not read them before the actual release date. So i might not read those this month. Yes logic, i know ;)

Anyways... if i do get all those read, i would love it. And if i do can ways add more books :)

What is on your list? Do we share a book?
Did you make a themed pile this month? Or are you reading like always as i am?

Let me know, i want to hear from you. 

Write more later... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: 2016 Reading Goals

Books by or about inspiriting Real Women

Top 10 Tuesday: Books i HAVE to read in Spring