Top 10 Tuesday: Heart-racing thriller book TBR

This weeks meme over at brokeandbookish.com is a Halloween freebie. And i could do anything from costume ideas to best ghost stories. 

But I don't live in a country that actually celebrates Halloween. So i don't have costume ideas because... well no need to dress up. 

And while i love thrillers. And I love crime books. But for some reason i have not yet read any good ones that i want to share, because honesty those that i have read where just... horrible. 


So instead of talking about the books that i have read and what to get you guys to read, i will be talking about the thriller/crime books that i really want to read as soon as i can. Or something like that. 

Here is the list of the top 10 Thrillers that i want to read very soon because i heard they are fantastic: 



1. Night Film by Marisha Pessl


I bought this book this month for 4 Euros. Which is a fantastic price for a new paperback here. And now i have no excuse not to read this anymore. And i will read this soon!


2. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins


This is another book that i own and have not yet read. But this book i own this February. Because shortly after it came out i just... it sounded fantastic and right up my alley. 
But honestly? This entire comparison with "Gone Girl" just kind of put me off this book. Which is actually a huge thing for me. The problem of getting myself to picking up a book i actually want to read, but because it was compared to something i did not enjoy i just... have a hard time getting myself to read it and see if i really will like this one or if i don't like it as much as the compared book. In this rambly example this "Gone Girl" was just horrible to me. And constantly hearing the comparison of this book to that just... i keep pushing this book back because of that stupid comparison. 



3. The Dinner by Herman Koch


This is a thriller with a psychological plot. And i love those. Or i did before everyone said that the best psychological thriller they read was "Gone Girl" and that kind of ruined it for me a bit. And yes, it once again comes around to comparison. 
Anyways... this is supposed to be fantastic psychological thriller and i really want to read one of those that is fantastic and i really actually mean a fantastic book that i just fly through and love and just can't push into peoples hands. Maybe this one will be that. 


4. Hausfrau by Jill Alexander Essbaum 


For one who does not love a thriller that has the title "Housewife"? That can go in every way!
And the cover is very interesting. 
It just... this book is supposed to be a typical traditional thriller. That will get your heart pounding and your mind racing and just overall just gets you sucked into the story and spit you out a bloody mess after you finish that book. 
Who doesn't love those kinds of books? I certainly do. 


5. Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter


I really want to read something else by Slaughter. I read a book by her before and really enjoyed it. It was fantastic. 
Great characters. Fantastic plot. Wonderful build up. 
It just all came together very nicely and made a really good book. So i want to try something else by her and see if it was a one time thing or if she is just a really great thriller writer. 


6. Girl waits with gun by Amy Stewart


I already talked about this book before in a TTT post, where i said that can't wait for this book to come out on September 1st. So i really hope that i can get this book soon and read it because early 1900s setting with the world's first female deputy sheriff? Yes please!


7. Dare me by Megan Abbott


I have honestly no idea if this is a thriller or a "just" a crime, but either why this is marketed as a combination of "Bring it on" and "Fight Club" who doesn't want to read that? I certainly want to read about blood lusting cheerleaders. Because cheerleaders? Kind of bad ass, just saying. 


8. Killing Floor by Lee Child


I actually never read a Child book. So i have no idea if this is one to start with, but i heard good things about it so i want to read this because of that. But if you have other Child books to recommend? Please let me hear them, because alway open for more recommendations!


9. Heartsick by Chelsea Cain


Once again a psychological thriller/crime book which is apparently a book with the best villain since Hannibal Lecter. I mean i have no idea what this book is actually about other then what i just said. But a better villain then Lecter? Yes, please!


10. Liars Anonymous by Louise Ure


And the last psychological thriller which is apparently masterfully constructed. Who doesn't want that? Once again I have no idea what this book is about. But the title? Wonderful. And hearing masterfully constructed book? All i need to hear to want to read it. And honestly thrillers are kind of books i don't need to know what exactly they are about. I enjoy just jumping in and not knowing what is going to happen and just see what will happen. 



So those are the 10 thrillers/crime books i really want to read sometime soon. 

Do you guys have any good ones to recommend?
I would love to get some. 

Let me know... 


Write more later... 

Comments

  1. I want to read Girl on the Train at some point too My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to her i am not alone in not having read this yet :)
      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  2. What a great list! I don't ready read scary books but I've heard great things about Girl on the Train.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      For stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  3. I just bought Night Film in hardcover and it is a heavy book! I'm excited to read it - I've heard it's quite suspenseful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the paperback i got is not heavy at all, but i heard that the hardcover is very heavy. I wanted that version but it is EXPENSIVE where i live. But happy to hear that someone else is excited to read that book :D
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  4. I don't do horror, so I thought this week was going to be kind of boring for me! But people have been coming up with some really great lists, much like this one! While I don't do horror, I do quite like thrillers, and there are a couple here I want to check out as well.

    As for Heartsick, I would caution you. Yes, the villain is great, and Chelsea Cain is an amazing writer. But it gets pretty dark! It's definitely not a book for everyone. Though, if you don't mind dark, then I say absolutely go for it :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the warning! I will defiantly keep that in mind when and/or if i decide to read it. :)
      Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I heard that about him! But he has such a huge amount of books its hard to pick the one to start with, if you have a recommendations, please feel free :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  6. I have wanted to read The Girl On The Train for quite some time now! I just might need to pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear that i am not the only one hanging behind on this book, since it seems like most people have read this book :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  7. Night Film is just amazing! I hope you like it!

    I haven't read "Dare Me" but I read another of Abbott's books and it was good--kept you on the edge of your seat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know, now i really want to pick up night Film very very soon! :)
      And good to know that Abbott writes well, i will get to it someday hopefully and may even get to a review ;)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  8. Some of these sound like a lot of fun... but I'm a total wuss. Hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is thriller not horror, there is a difference ;)
      But i can understand that. But some books are fantastic and so worth it ;)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: 2016 Reading Goals

Books by or about inspiriting Real Women

Top 10 Tuesday: Books i HAVE to read in Spring