Top 10 Tuesday: My Top 10 favorite Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Brokeandbookish.com, so clearly not my idea!

I do enjoy memorable writing the best. And i do honestly remember the if i enjoyed the writing style just as well -if not better- then the actual story of a book. If i loved the writing i will remember the book. Or something like that. 

I just notice the writing of a book, more the many other people that I talk books with!

But i am horrible with quotes. Overall i mean. I do know one or two, but overall? Horrible with quotes. 

So this took me a lot longer then it should have, especially with the amount of books that i read this year up until this point.

Also lets be honest, i have a lot of Rowling quotes because i read those books so often that even I can remember what she said! So don't judge! 

I will also not keep it to only book quotes. I will try my best. But honestly? I would be surprised if i get half of the quotes on here from books. Because i said, i am not good with quotes and the few that I actually do know are not necessary from books. 


Here we go: 



1. "If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals!"
- Rowling in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I love this quote because it is so very true. You can really do get to know a person if you see how his inferiors behave around that person or how that person treats those that are "beneath" them. Meaning if the boss only uses his workers that is not a person i will like. Or if someone uses his secretary as a modern slave, i will not like you. The same is if you have a cleaning person and you don't treat that person right? You should take over that job for a week and then come to me again and tell me how you like it. So yes, this quote is just so true and something that more people should remember!




2. "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"
- Rowling in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

I always loved this sentence, since the first time i read it. I am a planer and dreamer. But rarely a doer. Most of the time i have a completely planned out thing, and then don't end up doing it. So i really should put this quote somewhere to remind myself, that dreaming is not what gets you somewhere. 



3. "It is impossible to live without falling at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all - in which case, you fail by default."
- Rowling

This is not a book quote, i think. Maybe she said it in "Very Good lives" but i haven't read that yet so i don't know. 
But i just love this quote and it is actually one of the few quotes I do remember. 
Because it is so true. And sadly something i keep forgetting. Because i am a perfectionist. 
And as an actual real perfectionist, it is hard to remember that failing at something is part of live. And that i should at least try if i would actually fail before deciding that i can't do it. Like this blog. So i am clearly working on that. Still this quote is wonderful. And once again very true!



4. "It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."
- Rowling in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

The last Rowling/Potter quote, but one that is so very true, once again. 
And i think so many people should remember. 
That it does not matter if you come from money or the slumps. If you really do want to achieve something nothing should stop you, especially not where you where born!
Or if you don't get along with your family, at all? Search for a different one! Make your own! So what if they are your blood relatives? That does not matter if they take you down with them!




5. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." 
- Eleanor Roosevelt in This is my Story

Once again just a very true statement and something that I should remember and i think many people have to be reminded of. Especially with the huge amount of bullying that is sadly happening in the world. 



6. "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken!"
- Oscar Wilde

This is another quote i have eno idea if it is out of a book or just a quote. But i love it. 
Because it is not only true but a necessary quote that more, - especially children!-  people should remember! 



7. "We accept the love we think we deserve!"
- Stephen Chbosky in the Perks of Being a Wallflower

Another very true one that i just enjoy. 



8. "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
- Oscar Wilde in Lady Windermere's Fan

What can i say? I enjoy if people say the true and be inspiring at the same time. 



9. "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
- Thomas A. Edison

Once again a quote i am pretty sure that it is not a book quote.
But i still love it. 
Because once again Perfectionist here. 
So being reminded that not getting it right at the first time is not failing. It is just part of the process. 



10. "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
- C. S. Lewis

I just love this because it is so true. It just.... is very true. And perfect for me. So i love this quote. 


And those are the 10 quotes i love. 

Is there some of yours on here?
Want to share your favorite quotes or your TTT list for me to look over?

Let me know!


Write more later.... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: 2016 Reading Goals

Books by or about inspiriting Real Women

Top 10 Tuesday: Books i HAVE to read in Spring