Top 10 Tuesday: 10 New-to-me authors i fell in love with in 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Brokeandbookish.com, so clearly not my idea!




I discovered a huge amount of authors this year. Some I enjoyed, some i loved, some i really didn't like that much and even one that i really can't stand!


But for some reason, even though i really did have a good amount of authors to pick from simply because i really did enjoy a huge amount of books from the over 100 i read this year, this list was surprisingly hard to put together. 


So i finally just decided to put the authors that i remembered best for this list. 

And this list is in no particular order, but just how i looked at my shelves and which books either caught my eye first or the books that came to my mind right away. Either way, this is not in order of my favorites, but just... a list. Still all of those are fantastic! And if you have not yet read any of them, please give them a try, because they really fantastic!




1. Tara Kelly



Loved her "The Foxglove Killings" it was really well written and just overall a good book. And since this is not her first book or her only book, i really hope to get more books read by her in the next year, because she just... i really enjoyed her writing and story. 

I can't remember the last thriller that was as nicely done as this one!


2. Sarah J. Maas

 

I know i am late to that specific author but i only started to read her in May of this year so she is new to me. And i fell in love with her easy to read and fast to get through writing style.
I really enjoyed Throne of Glass for the most parts, the writing is just... i love her writing. She writes beautifully! And i do love her kick-ass female in this series!
And i read "Court of Thrones of Roses" and while i did not love this book, because the main characters where just completely stupid, i did love the side characters and i am really excited about her second book of the "Court of Thorns and Roses" series which is coming out in May 2016 to see if she can do better with the second book then she did in the first.
I do understand why people love her so much and i do really can't wait to see what else she comes out with in 2016 now that i am on her "fan-train". 



3. Ruta Sepetys


I loved "Between shades of grey", which in a way is the wrong word for a book because the horrors this book describes so real and honestly is just... 
The writing was wonderful and fitting for the kind of story and while i did not love the characters, they were still perfect for the story! 
This is one of the best war stories i have read from both YA and adult historical fiction books! 
But really if you have not yet read this book? Go read it. Because everyone should read this book!
And i want to see what else this author can write, because this story was just... heartbreakingly beautiful. 



4. R. C. Lewis


I read a lot of books that were out of my "comfort zone" this year. "Stitching Snow" was one of them, as was the "Lunar Chronicles series" by Marissa Meyer, but i really enjoyed this book!

It was different and interesting and the writing was very well done. And the world building was fantastic and the characters realistic and wonderful. 
And i do not understand why this book doesn't have more hype! 
Because this book, to me? so much better then the Lunar Chronicles!, and i am only comparing this because the themes are so similar with both being retelling of fairytales with robots and a different kind of world and all that! But if you loved Meyer's series? Read this book! Because fantastic!



5. Sarah Dessen


I read "Saint Anything" and i really enjoyed that book. Actually it was the first and only romance contemporary YA book that i read in two or three years that i really liked! I mean i really enjoyed this book from start to finish! That just surprised me completely. 
The writing style was really great, the characters interesting and the story different but great. I really want to try more of Dessen's books and see if i just really enjoyed this book or if there are more of her books that i enjoyed. 



6. Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

 

Is this cheating? I don't think so because you know they write together and i have not yet read any book by only one of them, but only those two by them together... so
I loved the writing style, especially in the These broken stars. But This shattered world is still pretty great! I just... the idea behind this story, the characters and the world building? I just loved it all. They write fantastic together. And i can't wait to read the third and last book in this trilogy!
I do want to give Kaufman's other author collaboration with Jay Kristoff "Illuminae" and see if i will love that book as well since i heard only fantastic things about that book. 



7. V. E. Schwab



I finally (FINALLY!) read Vicious this year! 

And loved it. 
I really enjoyed her writing and portray of hero versus villain and how realistic she made the whole issue. And i want to read more by her. 
And i think i am going to do that with "A Darker shade of magic" because the second book of that series is coming out in the beginning of 2016 sometime so i don't have to wait a unknown amount of time for more if i love it in a similar fashion as Vicious. And now i kind of just want to get my grabby hands all over the second book of that series simply to see where Schwab would go with that book, but i have to wait. And while i do that i will read the other "adult" books she wrote and writes and just... enjoy those!



8. Leigh Bardugo

   

I really loved the Grisha Trilogy by her. It was completely different from almost anything i read before, and her characters where really great! And just... loved "Shadow and Bone"! 
Her writing is just so fantastic. And the Six of Crows duology (?) is going to be fantastic, simply because... well thieves? Come on! Who doesn't love a band of thieves? And have i mentioned that her writing is just so wonderful? 



9. Sara Raasch


I really loved Snow like Ashes, as a book itself as well as a series because it was just so interesting!
 It was a fantastic fantasy book and i have no idea why not more people are raving about her. That woman can write action scenes! And fantastic characters, and actual strong female leads!



10. Marie Lu

 

Another person that writes action scenes like nobodies business! I really loved Legend by her and can't wait to see what i think of the rest of her stuff!
I am not saying that her story is perfect, because it really isn't, but the book reads like movie! And i kind of love that! Who doesn't love such a fantastic book that is written in a way that you can actually picture everything? I certainly do!



So those are mine.... 

Are some of yours on this list? 

What where your top new authors? 

May of them on here i discovered because people let me know about them on their blogs or by talking to them, so, if you have any recommendations? Let me have it!

Let me know in the comments, or link your post so that i can check it out because i would love to learn more about the authors that others loved! :)


Write more later.... 

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed Saint Anything.. I think it might even be my favourite Sarah Dessen book (of what I've read so far)

    :)

    https://behindonbooks.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/top-ten-tuesday-new-to-me-authors-i-read-in-2015

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book was fantastic! If you have any Dessen book recommendations i would love to hear them, because i want to read more by her but i have to confess that i am a bit intimidated by her huge amount of books she has out and not sure where i should "start" after Saint Anything.

      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  2. Love Sarah J Maas' books! Also really enjoyed Between Shades of Grey, can't wait to read more by Ruta Sepetys.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/top-ten-tuesday-34/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to her another person that rally enjoyed Sepetys book. I can't wait to read her next book "Salt to the Sea" as well :)

      Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete
  3. Sarah Dessen also made my list! She is now one of my favorites!
    Great Top Ten! :)

    My Top Ten Tuesday :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did a fantastic job! If she always writes like she did in Saint Anything i really do understand why so many people love her :)

      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  4. I've heard so many great things about all of these books - need to check them out! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all really great, you should definitely check them out :)

      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  5. I need to get my hands on The Foxglove Killings. I have wanted to read it for a long time. I read my first Sarah Dessen book this year which was also Saint Anything and I did enjoy it quite a bit. I just don't read a lot of contemporary. Nice list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should read Foxglove Killings! That book was fantastic! :D
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  6. I can't say as I recall reading any of the authors on your Top Ten Tuesday post this week, so I have some new to me authors to check out for sure.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you will love any of the authors you try from my list, they are all wonderful in their own way :)

      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  7. This is a great list! I haven't read any from your list, although there are a few I hope to get to someday. Ruta Sepetys and Sarah Dessen in particular. Marie Lu is another one I have heard great things about. All of them really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope you will enjoy any book that you read from here :) I can definitely recommend Sepetys and Dessen!
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  8. AHH. So many amazing authors here! <3 I absolutely adore Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner - they are such an amazing team. Their world-building is out of this world and their romances are incredible. So glad you finally jumped on their bandwagon. ;) And both Sarah J Maas and Sara Raasch are absolutely amazing at writing fantasy books with strong, independent heroines. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous post + choices! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am so happy that i finally read Kaufman and Spooner as well! One of my best decisions this year :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment, it made me so happy :D

      Delete
  9. Your description of Between Shades of Grey is 100% accurate - it's always difficult when conveying your love of such heartbreaking stories. But Out of the Easy is a bit more uplifting, so I hope you enjoy that one too. Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear that :) Because i am always so unsure if i can say what i want to say about such heartbreaking stories as Between Shades of Grey without saying something ... wrong in a way so i am always happy when someone says they understand what i am trying to say :)
      And i will read Out of the Easy very soon so i am happy to hear that you say it is a bit easier to get through :D
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  10. Your list has many books, I'm yet to read. I'm dying to read Stitching Snow and Vicious and Six of Crows. But they are too expensive here in my place. I already love those authors, can't wait to get my hands on them *Sigh*
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Happy Reading!
    Ria @ Lilac Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stitching snow is fantastic! You really have to read that! and Vicious! Those two books where so fantastic! But i can understand the expensiveness of the books, they are not cheap! Maybe you can find a good sale, i managed to buy Six of Crows for half of in one of those flash sales, which was just pure luck :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  11. You know, I think I started reading Sarah J. Maas this year too! Huh. Been a good year for new discoveries, clearly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been a fantastic year for new authors! And i am so happy to hear another person read Maas a little later, as i did :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  12. Fantastic list! I need to read Throne of Glass. I really liked Snow Like Ashes too and need to pick up the sequel soon. I loved the Starbound trilogy and Between Shades of Grey is a favorite. I can't wait to read her new one next year which I believe features Lena's cousin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me so happy hearing that other people loved those books too :)
      And you really should give Throne of Glass a read, the story itself is not the best ever, but she writing is just so fantastic!
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  13. Throne of Glass and ACOTAR were AMAZING!!! Great picks here :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      And thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  14. Great list! I haven't read any of these author yet but there are a few here that I'm hoping to read next year.

    Lauren @ My Expanding Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to those that you want to read, i really can highly recommend all of them ;)
      thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  15. Sarah J. Maas and VE Schwab made my list as well! And Amie Kaufman did too :) I love Leigh Bardugo as well, and I enjoy Marie Lu as well. Great list!
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maas and Schwab are fantastic, not surprised that they are on many other lists :)
      thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: 2016 Reading Goals

Books by or about inspiriting Real Women

Top 10 Tuesday: Books i HAVE to read in Spring