Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 releases i haven't gotten to yet

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at Brokeandbookish.com, so clearly not my idea!


 This weeks topic is fantastic. And one that i could have made a top 100 (or 352 when my Amazon wishlist is right -but really who is counting the books) list without problems. 

But i did waggle it down. Because that is always fun. I focused this list on books that i did not talk about endlessly already not his blog. 


Anyways... as the title says: This is about 2015 books i meant to get but didn't. At least not yet. Or uno there words. All the books i wish i could buy but didn't get to... mostly because... money? Who wish they had a money laying goose or something like that? I certainly do. 



Lets just... move on. 



1. Buffy: Demons of Hellmouth by Nancy Holder

This is just a book that sounds as if it is a must buy for anyone that loves Buffy. I love Buffy. I want to down it. But i haven't gotten to it yet. I will. Hopefully soon. 


2. The Great Zoo of China by Matthew Riley

I just heard fantastic things about this book and i just... i wanted to read this but ... yeah. title of this post kind of says it all doesn't it?


3. There will be lies by Nick Lake

This is a book sounds great and i heard mix things about it and those a always interesting to me. To see what i think of books that many people either hate or love. 
I am actually not completely sure what this book is all about i do know that apparently Shelby Jane Cooper will be struck by a car in four hours. Because Shelby is running from dangers only her mother understands. And there is supposed to be a lot of things that the reader and Shelby is not sure if it is real or not.
So yeah, that sounds like something that seems pretty great and interesting to see where the check this story is going. 


4. The Bookseller by Cynthia Swanson

A book about books and lovers of books? yes please. Please see book title (as well as post title, really) for reasons why it is on this list! The cover might also have something to do with it. Because... beautiful.


5. Firefight (Reckoners 2) by Brandon Sanderson

I have the first one, i want the second one. It is a book series about "super-heroes" do i really need to say more? I just want this book and read on with this series! But you know -title of this post and all- haven't gotten to it yet. 


6. Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman

I don't really have anything big to say about this (mostly because i don't really know what this is about, other then there is a disability in some way in play in this story). I want to read this book because i just want to. Also the cover is very wonderful.



7. The Country of Ice Cream Star by Sandra Newman

Another one of those books that sound fantastic and i want to read if it really is fantastic or not. 
It is a dystopian book about a girl -named Ice cream star (can you imagine a world where someone has such a name? I can't which is why i want to read this book!) - and something about trying to survive a dangerous journey. 


8. The Bone gap by Laura Ruby

I have a reason for this one. It has a bee on the cover. 
I hate bees. I mean i hate them in a way that i literary twitch as soon as i hear an insect buzzing sound. I am sadly not going overboard with that and while everyone around me finds it incredibly funny when i am shaking because i heard some kind of sound that could be a bee, i do not find it funny. At all. 
I kind of hope that the book will come out with a different cover soon. You know that happens, most likely not with a book i really want it to happen to, but you know. I can hope. Or just bit the bullet and ignore the horrible insect on the cover. 


9. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

I kind of hoped that maybe my Library would buck up and get this one because it is so popular. But they haven't and i asked. They don't plan to. So it seems like i have to get it myself. Which is fine. It sounds like a great book, i am just not sure if it is my type of book and one that i will really love or not. But i guess i will see once i own it and read it.


10. The vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson

I loved her "Tiger Lily" and when i saw she came out with this book i wanted to have it, like right now. But i didn't get to it. I hope to get it very soon and see if her writing is always as fantastic to and for me as "Tiger Lily" was or if it was the actual story that sucked me in. 




That was ten already. And that means i am stopping. But i could have gone on a long while. 


I would love to hear some of the books that you wanted to get but haven't yet. So please feel more then free to leave me a comment and lets chat a bit about book buying wishes ;)



Write more later.... 

Comments

  1. I can't believe I forgot to put Challenger Deep on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many fantastic books that came out in 2015, i am not surprised that one was missed! :) I am however happy to have reminded you and hope that you will get and read it and enjoy it soon :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  2. I forgot about adding Bone Gap to my post this week!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-2015-releases-i.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure i forgot a huge amounts of books as well once i start going through other peoples TTT posts for this topic ;) But i am happy that i reminded you :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  3. I'm seeing Simon Vs. everywhere. Wonder why your library won't get it?

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Library is horrible at getting english YA books. Or honestly in getting new english books. That is a very bad thing if you live somewhere where english is not the main language but only read in english -or the original language- the book i published in :)
      But as you said, Simon vs... is everywhere so i am sure i will gave and just buy it and most likely not regret that decision :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  4. I LOVED Bone Gap so I have my fingers crossed for you that the PB will get a new cover.
    I'm somewhat glad that I read Vanishing Season before Tiger Lily. I think there is no way Vanishing Season could have lived up to my expectations if I had read Tiger Lily before. This way, I loved both of them a lot but Tiger Lily is way better, no contest.
    I love Sanderson's Reckoners series! At least you don't have to wait until the third book. Sometimes not getting to a book has its benefits :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed Bone gap, now I want to get it even more!!
      And thank you for letting me now about Vanishing season. That was honestly one of my worries. I mean i am pretty good at not comparing stories by the same author as long as the stories are not too similar -or of course from a series!- but i did really love Tiger Lily and have no idea if i am capable to not compare that book. But as long as Vanishing Season is at least good i am sure i will enjoy it :)
      And you are right, sometimes not getting the book right away is better, even though Sanderson does seem to be a rather fast and regular writer so that is great when starting something by him at least :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment, such a fantastic one at that :)

      Delete
  5. Challenger Deep was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/top-ten-tuesday-39/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is supposed to be a fantastic book, i hope you can get it soon :)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  6. Can't wait to get my hands on Bone Gap. It sounds so good!
    Great Top Ten! :)

    My TTT! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bone Gap does sound fantastic :)
      Thank you so much, for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, I've had The Bookseller on my shelf for so long, I'd forgotten until now. Bone Gap wasn't on my list...until now. Thanks? I think? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should get a move on with the bookseller and just buy it, it looks and sounds so fantastic how can it not be great? I hope you enjoy it when you get to it :)
      And you are welcome for being reminded about the Bone Gap. I would love to get it, if not for the stupid cover! ;)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  8. The only ones on your list I read were Bone Gap and Simon. I really enjoyed Bone Gap!
    New follower :)
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
    Enter my Ultimate Scavenger Hunt Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will just have to go over the bee on bone gap then ;)
      Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment and following :D

      Delete
  9. Great list! Ice Cream Star would be the coolest name ever xD - MUST READ. Also The Bookseller sounds awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be an interesting name, but imagine that name in school? poor kid ;)
      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  10. Reading through your list has made me remember more books that I wanted to read, Simon vs... and the Reckoners series, so thank you for that :). The more books the better :) Thank you for leaving a comment on my TTT, I really appreciate the time that you took to write it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome :)
      thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  11. The Bookseller was another book I didn't get to in 2015 but really want to read soon.

    I'd never heard of There Will Be Lies til just now, but my interest is peaked. I'm going to have to check it out!

    Here's to hoping you'll enjoy all (or at least most) of these books when you get the chance to finally read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have given you a new book to check out ;)
      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  12. 'The Bookseller' by Cynthia Swanson looks really promising, adding that to my own list as we speak! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear another person found a book to add to their list :)
      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Reading Quest - Readthon TBR

Review: 2016 Reading Goals

Top 10 Tuesday: Books i HAVE to read in Spring