Waiting on Wednesday: Teach me to Forget

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted over at Breaking the Spine, so head over there to join in or see what it is all about :)


Teach Me to Forget



Written by: Erica M. Chapman
Publisher: Merit press
ISBN: 1440594570
Release Date: December 2nd, 2016 
Genres: YA, Contemporary, Fiction, Suicide
Pages: 288 (Hardcover)
BuyBook Depository
Add to Goodreads 
Summary:

"Ellery's bought the gun, made arrangements for her funeral, and even picked the day. A Wednesday. Everything has fallen into place. Now all she has do to is die. When her plans go awry and the gun was going to kill herself with breaks, she does the one thing she has control over - return it and get a new one. After tormenting the crusty customer service associate by trying to return the gun with the wrong receipt, Ellery gets caught by the security guard who also happens to be someone she knows - the annoyingly perfect Colter Sawyer from her English class. Colter quickly uncovers her secret and is determined to change her mind. After confessing his guilt over his brother's suicide, he promises not to tell her secret. Ellery tries to fight her attraction to him as the shadows of her past cling tight around her, but when she's faced with another tragedy, she must decide whether her love for one boy is more important than a lifetime of pain. "


Way i am waiting.... 

I am mostly curious about this one. 
It sounds like it could go either horrible wrong or can be one of those fantastic "find a reason to live" kinds of books. 

I do like if a boo handles a difficult topic with grace and doesn't shy away from talking about it. And clearly, this book talks about it since it is basically all about suicide. 

I do hope that it doesn't focus to heavily on the whole "fell in love with a boy and now everything is perfect" spiel because i hate those. 
I also already know that i don't really like the fact that the boy "knows what she is going through" vibe since his brother killed himself. Don't have the best experiences with those moments in books. 

BUT i still want to try this because it sounds like it could be good. And what better why is there then to find out if it really is a good one then to read it? So i can't wait to pick up this book and see if the topic and the characters are handled in a good -right- way or if it is one of those overly romanticized and fluffed up books. 



Have you read any good "hard topics" kinds of books lately? Any to recommend? Or recommend to stay away from?

Would you read this book?
Did you do this weeks WoW post? If so please feel free to link it, i am always looking for more recommendations! )
Let me know, lets chat :)


Write more later.... 

Comments

  1. I haven't read any such books recently but I did read Hopeless by Colleen Hoover and its kind of like hard topic book but its written nicely and so people like me can read it without feeling like I can't continue one reading this. But you picked a good sounding hard topic book!
    New Bloglovin' follower.
    Check out my WoW

    ~Priyanka @ A Booklion's Hideaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I actually read Hopeless recently as well, wasn't the biggest fan of how Hoover wrote the book but i think that is mostly because Hoover is not necessary my favorite writer based on her characters, even if her book topics are interesting to me.
      Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment and following me via Bloglovin' :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it could be a very emotional read. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome!
      thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  3. I've not heard of this book! It definitely isn't my thing (sadly not a tough-issue YA contemporary fan). It looks very intense, a powerful read. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand why you are not a fan of the tough-issue YA contemporary! They certainly can be very bad but they can be equally fantastic so i always at least have to give a few of them a try each year ;)
      Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment :)

      Delete
  4. Contemporary isn't really my style but I hope you enjoy this one :) New Google+ follower.

    What I'm Waiting For

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i understand the contemporary issue! I am having a love/hate thing going on with it as well. But since i seem to really not like the popular authors i hope to find a few good ones with the not as well known ones :)
      thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment and following on Google+ :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: 2016 Reading Goals

Books by or about inspiriting Real Women

Top 10 Tuesday: Books i HAVE to read in Spring